This reference guide covers the most important authors and movements in Continental Philosophy. Each section focuses on a school of thought, bringing together articles by leading scholars which explore the key thinkers and texts. (Also in print: Ref B803 .E35 1999)
• The most comprehensive entries on major philosophers (e.g. Aristotle, Henry More).
• 400 new entries including 50 on pre-eminent contemporary philosophers (e.g. Nussbaum)
• Extensive coverage of rapidly developing fields such as the philosophy of mind and applied ethics.
• More entries on non-Western and non-European philosophy than any comparable volume, including African, Arabic, Islamic, Japanese, Jewish, Korean and Latin-American philosophy.
• Broader coverage of Continental philosophy.
The most authoritative and engaging philosophical reference work in English. It gives clear and reliable guidance to all areas of philosophy and to the ideas of all notable philosophers from antiquity to the present day.
Print Reference Sources
Several of the sources listed under Online Reference Sources are also available in print in the Preus Library Reference Collection.
This glossary is both an introduction to the key words of feminist critical theories and a guide to their origins. Acknowledging the variety of contemporary feminist theories, the glossary includes entries on black, post-colonial, Italian, and French feminisms, and draws on a wide range of fields including semiotics, psychoanalysis, structuralism, poststructuralism, and deconstruction.